top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some quick answers to some of the most common questions from our clients! 

If you can't find the answer you're looking for, don't hesitate to reach out to us on our contact page.

Do you provide sliding scale rates?

We do! Some of our therapists offer sliding scale rates in order to allow everyone to get the help they need. See the Meet our Team page for details.

Do you guys offer direct billing?

We do! At Charis, we know how scary it is to pay for services out of pocket, and the last thing we want is for you to be stressed. We direct bill Blue Cross, Canada Life, Green Shields, Manulife, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC), WCB, RCMP/Veteran's Affairs, UNIFY, Medavie, Telus Health, Primary Care Network, etc.

Does Alberta Health Care cover me?

Unfortunately no, Alberta Health Care does not cover mental health services at this time. However, we do direct bill other insurance companies!

What's the difference between a Provisional Psychologist and a Registered Psychologist?

A Registered Psychologist in Alberta has completed a Masters or Doctorate degree in Psychology at an accredited institution, a minimum of 1600 supervised practice hours, and passing grades in the exam for Professional Practice of Psychology EPPP as well as the oral practice exam. A Provisional Psychologist is currently completing the allotted licensing and registration requirements. 

bottom of page